Thursday, September 14, 2006

Earrings Question

Since earrings seem to be on our minds these days, I thought I'd ask a question to the group:

What are you using for your earrings, metal findings wise? I have super sensitive ears and am looking for findings or wire that wont have me flinging the earrings across the room before the day is even out. So far I've found that I can wear the surgical steel earrings used for body piercings but there is no choice there. What else is out there that I can use that wont cause a person with a nasty nickel allergy great pain? Can you buy surgical steel wire?

Thanks.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Can you wear sterling silver? They have some real silver hooks at Michael's.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Every now and then you can find hypo-allergenic ear wires. (I haven't looked in CA, though, I saw them in southern craft stores - and sometimes Claire's at the mall carries them; go figure). You can also buy surgical steel wire at various online retail places. A lot of times hardware-type stores will have it for cheaper than jewelry places.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

My ears are that way too. I usually have to wear surgical steel if I am wearing the earrings for any length of time. I tolerate silver moderately well, but gold-filled is better. You might try it.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

elspeth: No good with sterling. I've tried without success. =(

miss lissa: I may try hypo-allergenic again as a test. In the past they'd not worked either. I always get my money back with those "guaranteed" not to hurt kind. They just last longer before the irritation starts. I'll check around online for the surgical steel wire. It's got to be out there.

jenni: Hmm... gold-filled huh? I'll look around and see.

I'll report back one what I find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home