Friday, September 08, 2006

Katrina's Introduction

Hello, my name is Katrina. I've always been fascinated with beads, but I started beading seriously about seven years ago. My favorite article to bead is bracelets, because that's my favorite piece of jewelry to wear. I mostly love working with crystals, but I have a fondness for all kinds of beads. Here is a picture of two crystal bracelets I entered into the fair this year:I've also had a lot of fun making chain mail bracelets out of jump rings and beaded ornaments for Christmas.

I've done a lot of crafty hobbies like cardmaking with rubber stamps and quilting. My new obsession is knitting. I rarely make cards any more, and though I still adore quilting, it's just not conducive to life with three small children. I've not done much beading since being bitten by the knitting bug, and I miss it. Like Jennifer, I hope this blog will inspire me to do more.

4 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you found out the results on your bracelets yet? Inquiring minds want to know. And you do chain mail too?

This is going to be a really fun group. =)

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ah, the winning bracelets that got me wanting to bead again! I love them. Working with crystals is lots of fun. You have to be careful with them though. I learned the hard way to use seed beads between them.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bracelet on the right got 2nd place in the county fair, and the bracelet on the left got 1st place in the county fair and 3rd place in the state fair. It was so much fun entering them, then going back to see what kinds of ribbons they got.

Yes, Jennifer, crystals will cut your thread very easily. When working with them I like to use Power Pro thread because it's braided, but that's just a precaution and still no guarantee that the crystals won't eventually wear down your thread.

Chain mail is fun and surprisingly easy. If I can scare up the bracelets from my long-dormant bead stash I will post pictures of them someday.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Katrina,

You must post more about your experiences entering your work at fairs. We have several in my area (the county one is only a few minutes from where I live). I've never tried but I think I might give it a go next year. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home