Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hello hello!

Hi guys! I thought I'd make an introductory post. My name is Melissa or Lissa (whichever you prefer; I answer to both) and I've been beading since I was ten years old.

I first got into beading after my mom gave me a box of beads that had been my great grandmother's. She was from Mexico and had been into loom beading and elaborate daisy chains. The only item of hers that I have in my possession is a short and fragile daisy chain made out of jet sead beads. I made it into a bracelet but am afraid to wear it! ;)

Right now I am very much into multiple strand necklaces and bracelets. I like loom work as well, but haven't done any of that in ages. I've also started to get into bead embroidery and think that would make a neat cuff bracelet. Here's one of my (sort of) recent works, as previously posted on my blog (my mother made the pendant from polymer clay):


Anyway, I can't wait to be inspired by what everyone else is working on!

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there!

I look forward to seeing your bead embroidery work. I've only tried it one but am giving it another go for another swap.

The multiple strand necklace you made is so cute. Isn't it fun to collaborate? More! More! =)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely necklace! So, your mom is a beader too? She makes beautiful pendants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home