Sunday, November 12, 2006

New Necklaces!

Last weekend I was able to attend the Bay Area Bead Extravanganza and I was totally blown away by the great selection. I may have gone a little bit overboard on my purchases, though really, when it comes to beads is there even such a thing? ;) Anyway, I made a couple necklaces with some new supplies!




This one was made with some raspberry glass beads (the large faceted ones), some smaller glass pinky swirled ones and raspberry E beads. The pendant is from Green Girl Studios, a company whose products I have been lusting after for a long time. (A pendant I bought is on the cover of the new Stringing Magazine - the current issue totally excellent, by the way, worth a look) The back of this pendant has a Helen Keller quote etched on it.

This one has fiery red glass beads from the show and some other beads I got at Michael's. The leaf I got at the show, and it is one of those leaves that used to be a real leaf. I'd never seen any in this particular color, though, and I thought it would make a really beautiful fall-themed necklace.

Here's a closeup of the leaf:

Thanks for looking! :)

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love that leaf! Both necklaces are very pretty. And I have to agree, one can never go overboard when it comes to beads. LOL!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Very pretty necklaces! Perfect for the season too!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

I love those!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home