Sunday, October 29, 2006

My "back to beading" project is complete!


Last Sunday I met up with Melissa at a local bead shop. Melissa was on a hunt for good focal beads for her beautiful bead necklaces, and I was on the hunt for more seed beads and a bead that I could use as a clasp on my circle link bracelet I talked about a week ago. After surveying many suitable options (a lovely antique feeling silver toggle clasp was almost purchased) I settled on a lovely rustic piece of amethyst. I think it's perfect! It's pretty, makes the bracelet look finished, but doesn't take away from the rest of the beadwork. Speaking about the rest of the beadwork, this pattern from the latest Beadwork magazine, uses a circular netting stitch to make the circles. You connect the circles by linking the next circle as you create it. It looks more complex than it actually is.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

That turned out really cool! I like how the amethyst stands out but doesn't take away from the beaded links. You're getting me thinking about one in red...

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

The amethyst is just the right touch. I love seed beeds as they do make lovely pieces but ohhhh are they ever time consuming for me. You whipped this right up!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

SWEET! The amethyst is perfect as the clasp. Nice touch. You can wear it clasp up or down and it would look lovely either way. Welcome back to beading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home