Friday, November 10, 2006

Review of Beading: Bead-a-Day Calendar


At my local Costco, I found Beading: Bead-A-Day calendar put out by Accord Publishing. These are the people that put out the Knitting: Pattern-A-Day calendar. Now I haven't been impressed by the Knitting calendar. Many of the patterns can be found for free online. The ones you can't find online are relatively simple or are obvious marketing ploys for yarn companies.

Then I got the Beading calendar. This calendar is much better than the Knitting counterpart. First, a lot of the calendar are how-to tutorials on how to do a variety of beading stitches such as netting, even count and odd count peyote stitch, herringbone, square stitch, Dutch Spiral, etc. There are also tutorials on wirework, basic beading techniques, bead embroidery, bead knitting, bead crochet, and pearl knotting. The actually beading patterns are interesting and there is a good variety of projects from fairly involved necklaces and bracelets, to simple earrings, pendants, and brooches.

Check it out if you find it at a store near you. I only paid about nine dollars for it, and it was worth it.

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Wow, that sounds interesting! Yeah, the Knitting Pattern a day calendars all offer patterns that are also available in other places. It took me 2 years to figure that out! ;)

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the report. I'd heard about this and was thinking of getting it. I'll give it a look see for sure now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home